Saltwater Country Patrol Application
The I-Tracker Saltwater Country Patrol Application was first developed and trialled by the Djelk Rangers of Maningrida, Northern Territory in 2008. It has since been adapted for use by Indigenous ranger groups across north Australia in collaboration with Indigenous ranger groups, Traditional Owners, government agencies, scientists and natural resource management bodies.
I-Tracker Saltwater Country Application opening screen
The I-Tracker Saltwater Country Patrol Application v6 was created using CyberTracker software.
You will need CyberTracker Version 3.353 or later to use this application. For more information about the I-Tracker Saltwater Country Patrol Application v6, including information about updates from version 5 (which was available from November 2012 to July 2014) and additional instructions, please download the following PDF document: I-Tracker Saltwater Country Patrol Application Information.
The I-Tracker Saltwater Country Patrol Application enables rangers to collect information on a wide range of sea country issues including:
- Turtle, dugong and cetacean (dolphins and whales) distribution and abundance
- Turtle nesting areas and predation
- Sick and stranded wildlife, including fish kill
- Marine debris, including ghost nets and other rubbish
- Commercial and recreational fishing activity
- Illegal fishing activity
- Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF) information