NAILSMA Research Guidelines and Protocols 2007
Research is an important means of promoting and assisting management and development on Indigenous land and sea estates in ways that are environmentally, culturally, socially and economically sustainable. NAILSMA is committed to ethical research practices of the highest standard.
NAILSMA's role in relation to research is fourfold:
- Commission and manage research projects
- Act as a representative body for research projects undertaken by Indigenous partner organisations and Land Owners
- Provide advice and support for research projects undertaken by Indigenous partner organisations and Land Owners
- Participate in or provide input to bodies responsible for setting research agendas or assessing research proposals.
- A brief summary of the research context in relation to management and research approaches
- NAILSMA's requirements for research approval
- An appendix of the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) Guidelines for Ethical Research in Indigenous Studies.